Thursday 31 July 2014

SRX - Remastered early, rare and unreleased works from Surgeon

SRX is a 6-volume Surgeon reissues label. 

While searching through old DAT tapes I was shocked to find how clear and dynamic many of my early tracks sounded, not the way I remembered them from the vinyl releases. Those early tracks, recorded 20 years ago, were mastered and cut by people who had no understanding of electronic music. I actually remember cutting a dubplate back then and being asked if my track was "supposed to sound like that?" The engineer was so disgusted at my music that once the cut started he left the room until it was finished.

Although some of these releases have been repressed many times over the years, they have always been from the original plates from those early cuts; none have ever been re-mastered and recut in their original from. So I began carefully transferring everything from the original DAT tapes and working closely with Christoph Grote-Beverborg from Dubplates & Mastering in Berlin (who's been cutting my all my releases since 1996) to present this early material as it was originally intended.

Along with the early Downwards releases, I found high-quality unreleased tracks from that time as well as releases that had only been issued in limited pressings; those too are included in this project. For the packaging I commissioned Ken Meier and Yoonjai Choi from the New York design firm Common Name to create some sumptuous sleeve art. 

SRX001 - Surgeon EP (2014 Remaster)
SRX002 - Pet 2000 (2014 Remaster)
SRX003 - Communications (2014 Remaster)
SRX004 - Dynamic Tension EP (2014 Remaster)
SRX005 - Rare tracks 95-96 (2014 Remaster)
SRX006 - Unreleased tracks 95-96

8 comments:

Michał said...

finally

kent said...

As much as I appreciate these being available on vinyl, will it be possible to buy these as digital files?

Anonymous said...

There Is A God !! ("-_+)

Anonymous said...

fight or flight

Acidgreen (Official) said...

YEAH :D

Pablo said...

I've just checked the blog in searching for new dj sets, but these news are incredible! :) I can't wait for listening to these remasters :) You got the picture: Badger Bite is very very good track, but it can still sound better? And there are unreleased tracks too! Awesome!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Will these be downloadable ever, or streaming only?

Unknown said...

All the SRX re-releases will be available on vinyl and digital download formats.